“Bringing Order to Seizure Disorders”
Established in 2010, National Seizure Disorders Foundation is now awaiting 501(c)3 status by the IRS. Confirmation of filing with IRS occurred the month of October 2012. Confirmation of approval will be announced within the next 90 days.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation empowers seizure survivors and their caregivers while enriching the minds of unaffected public.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation is an ever expanding clearinghouse of information about seizure disorders, dependable hub of online and offline support, and a spotlight giving recognition and voice to individuals and businesses helping people across the globe find peace while living with seizure through education, information, support, and research until a cure is found.
We at National Seizure Disorders Foundation are not medical, spiritual, or psychological professionals. We are real people living with seizure disorders sharing real life experiences and encourage others to do the same.
What We Do:
- NSDF puts God’s purpose for NSDF first
- NSDF reserves the right to walk in the appointed direction set before us within the bylaws of NSDF
- NSDF empowers the lives of seizure survivors, caregivers of seizure survivors, and professionals in related fields.
- NSDF enriched the minds of the unaffected public in order to eradicate stigma regarding seizures and seizure disorders.
- NSDF will always be open to considering the practice of benevolent acts within the seizure disorders community.
- NSDF will always be open to considering contributing to the growth of other established charities
What We Do Not:
- NSDF does not practice illegal, immoral, unethical, or negative practices in any form at any time
- NSDF does not promote other businesses that practice illegal,immoral, unethical, or negative practices.
- NSDF does not condone bullying, abuse, or spreading negative energies in the lives of seizure survivors, caregivers of seizure survivors, or professionals in the field of epileptology or related fields.
- NSDF does not hand out money or resources with no cause to positively effect mankind and the seizure disorders community.
- NSDF does not allow officers in NSDF Leadership to act on behalf of NSDF without prior authorization from NSDF President.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation is a collection of offline and online resources available to you in order to:
- enhance your living experience while you manage seizures
- bring hope and peace into your life
- provide the most positive seizure management
- nurture positive self image, self esteem, and inner growth
- eradicate social stigma and end ignorance through education and awareness
- tell the stories of seizure survivors and our collective journey to enlighten a close minded public.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation is more than a center for support. Since our inception in November,2010 We have pledged to become a one stop resource for all your seizure disorder management needs. We offer extensive support,education,and resources to fit your specific seizure disorder management need. Our support and resources are offered to you with the understanding you accept every concept of change in your daily regimen is to be discussed with your doctor. We are a resource, not medical professionals. Daily life can be a challenge for any individual dealing with seizure disorders. Whether medical professional, patient, family member, or caretaker we all need hope. As the founder of National Seizure Disorders Foundation,and a fellow seizure survivor, I dedicate myself to raising awareness for seizure
disorders such as PNES,Periventricular Heterotopia, Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome,Polymicrogyria, and other Epilepsies. Our main focus is on raising sense of hope all that need to see a brighter and more peaceful future. Our secondary focus in on raising funds for research in all Epilepsies and related effects. Spend some time on The National Seizure Disorders Foundation website today. Leave a comment and get involved if you are in need of support or if you have the ability to help.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation empowers seizure survivors, caregivers, and professionals worldwide nurturing positive seizure management while enriching the minds of the unaffected public in order to eradicate stigma.
- To empower seizure survivors across the nation and the globe.
- To enrich the lives of all people living with seizures and seizure disorders.
- To enlighten the minds of unaffected people globally.
- To place qualified seizure service canines with qualified seizure survivors in order that they discover peace and a level of independence in their daily lives.
- To provide a positive atmosphere for caregivers and help them discover they are deserving of time to heal within themselves and time to grow outside of their roles as caregivers.
- To provide ongoing education for survivors, caregivers, and professionals.
- To enthusiastically share positive resources with the seizure disorders community in order to become the largest most patient friendly seizure disorders foundation on the planet.
Sit Back and Relax with the Best of the Best:
NSDF Community: A private online seizure survivors community where people living with seizure disorders help people living with seizure disorders.
Share Your Story Project: Stories from people living with seizures, caring for those living with seizures, and remembering those lost to SUDEP.
Seizure Education& First Aid: Top quality information on seizures, seizure disorders, and seizure first aid.
National Seizure Disorders Foundation is always open to meeting new members and considering suggestions from the global community. If you or someone you know experiences seizures , needs support, or has a positive suggestion for NSDF, please let us know.